Alors! Apres vous faisons c’est orgasme au chocolat, nous etais sure que vous voulais couchez avec nous c’est soir. SACRE BLUE! Nous parlais un petit pois de français e nous somme très orgueilleux.
If you don’t speak French, all of that was absolute hilarity in impeccable grammar.
After careful research into the mystical world of fondants, Two developed this piece de resistence. It is, frankly, sexual.
Chocolate-Chilli-ORGASM aka Fondant
makes 4-5, depending on the size of your soufflé dishes
70g butter plus a little extra for greasing the forms
200g dark chocolate, at least 45% cocoa
100g caster sugar
80g flour plus a little extra for dusting
2 red chillies
Vanilla Ice-cream to serve
- Grease your soufflé dish with butter and dust with flour. Leave in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Melt the butter and chocolate over a hot waterbath.
- In the meantime whisk together the eggs, eggyolks and sugar. Add the flour and keep on whisking. Once the chocolate has melted add this too.
- Deseed, finely chop and add the chillies to your chocolate mixture. When trying the mixture, as you should with cake batter, you’ll notice a slight tingling sensation… then suddenly… HOOOTTTT! IT BURNS US! You will wonder WHY you added so much chilli and ruined this dessert. But it will be FINE. It’s just the fondant’s defence mechanism against you eating it all before cooking it.
- Divide the mixture between your soufflé dishes and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C. Bake for 10ish minutes, depending on the size. Do not bake too long, otherwise you’ll end up with a mini chocolate cake instead of a liquid gooey orgasm.
- Tip onto the plates and serve immediately with some vanilla ice-cream or crème fraiche. Voilà!
Rating: Haute Cuisine, 9/10
P.S. To make a chocolate-amaretti fondant, omit the chilli and simply replace 60g of the flour with food-processed amaretti. The fondants might take a little longer to bake.
To make chocolate-orange fondants, omit the chilli and add the grated zest of 1 orange. Serve with an orange compote.